Forum Title: Water Supply Pipe Problem
I am replacing a faucet in a bathroom. When removing the shut off valve, the compression ring deformed about an inch of the copper water supply pipe coming from the wall. As you can see in the pic, I cut off the damaged portion of the pipe but was left with only about a 1/2 off copper pipe coming out of the drywall under the sink (I temporarily capped the pipe with an end cap). There's approximately 1 and 1/2 inch of pipe through the drywall until it hits a pipe holder (in the pic, the tan portion under the pipe.) 1. Does code specify the length of copper supply pipe that comes out of the wall? Could I put an angle stop on the short pipe that remains outside the drywall? 2. What's my best option right now for connecting a new angle stop? I could call a plumber but I'd really like to finish the job myself. Thank you for any help.
Category: Plumber Post By: CASSANDRA SWANSON (Oshkosh, WI), 04/21/2016

Yes, there's a a cabinet with doors under the sink.

- MAURICE KELLER (Schenectady, NY), 09/16/2017

Is it going to be behind a cabinet?

- ASHLEY PETERSON (West Covina, CA), 10/04/2017

I would extend it out a bit.

- RICK CONTRERAS (Collierville, TN), 10/08/2017

Assistance, Support & Advice For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779